Friday, July 01, 2005

5/23/2005 - Our Referral

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west." Isiah 43:5

What a magical day it was. We had gotten a tip from our agency on Friday May 20 that there was a package prepared to be sent from China, but it was not yet in transit. So, we were prepared to wait for several more days to hear anymore about the package. On Monday morning, soon after I (Vonda) arrived at work, the phone rang. It was Christa from our agency. I asked, "Why are you calling?" (I knew we had several more days). She said, "I am looking at a picture of your daughter." I said, "That can't be. The package was not even mailed on Friday." She said, "Well, I am looking at her picture." I cried. And cried and Cried - all happy tears. What a release. After all these years. After all these months - John and I are about to become parents! Oh MY! After we talked and I got all the "stats" - her birthdate, her age, HER weight, HER length, Her interests, etc. Christa asked - are there any questions you have? I said "YES, Please tell me again, are you SURE she is a girl?" Oh I so wanted my Lacie girl! I wanted to see her and hold her. I wanted to run and get her. Our daughter, I discovered that day, was only 7 months old. She was a little peanut of 11.4 lbs at three months.

I called John - we talked - he had already gotten the call too from Christa. We were both so excited. I emailed my bosses and then off I went - back home to get John and we drove to our agency to see our sweet angel's face for the first time. As John waited for me, he began emailing friends and family - to tell them our good news. Once we got to our agency, we walked in and saw Christa, our family coordinator and then we looked at Lacie's picture and we were in awe. I was speechless. She is absolutely beautiful. AND believe it or not - I can see both John and me in her. Except she seems a little serious and reserved - maybe a good balance for her parents.

Our new friends and now new family members, linked through adoption and through China began showing up too at the agency to see their daughters faces too for the first time. What a truly magical day it was - all graced to us by God - to whom we all prayed for this miracle to be blessed upon us. John started taking pictures just like any proud father. He snapped pics of the new parents seeing their daughters faces; of the family coordinators who were so excited for us. He took pictures of me - at every single moment of our time there - every person I spoke to, every move I made. He is going to be such a good and proud daddy.

Lacie is everything we prayed for. She is the answer to our prayers. Nothing and I mean nothing would make me do anything differently then the way it has all happened. God has truly blessed us and through the Spirit of Adoption. All the days of waiting for this miracle - seem to be faded by now as we wait now for our travel approval - so we can begin the real preparation of actually traveling to get our beautiful daughter from China.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home