Friday, July 01, 2005

The Nursery - an Invisible Red Thread

"An Invisible Red Thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The red thread my stretch or tangle, but NEVER break." Ancient Chinese Proverb

Our friends are wonderful! My friends (sisters) Patty and Maggie donated paint and time and talent and we have a beautiful mural(s) in the nursery. Nothing in life comes simply. None of the crib sets in the stores or on the internet were what we were looking for - for our nursery, our first childs room, safe place, play room and retreat. I had in my mind what I wanted - and could not find it. I then shared our ideas with our friends. As a gift, Patty and Maggie offered paint, time and creative talent and now our nursery is just the perfect place for our Lacie bug. I found a story book on China adoption - and the illustrations were beautiful. Maggie came over and spent a morning in our nursery and it came alive with baby's and red ribbons and lady bugs all around the room. It seems to be a happy and safe place for a little girl from China. I now hope our sweet daughter thinks so too. Here is a glimpse of what she will wake up too -
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home