Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring Update '07 "Lacie-isms"

Lacie is talking more and more every day and in 4 and 5 word sentences. I love some of her words - and some she is already correcting. But as of the first of the year here were some of her fun words:

Hol me me = hold me

Juke = juice

Da dum = Thank you

Plia = Please

Chia = Cheese

Maa Chia = Mac N Cheese

Pook = Poop

Jack = Jacket

Pre tit = precious

Bik tit = big kiss

Bik huk = big hug

Wa woo = love you

Be daddie = spaghetti

Da-U = "W" (double U)

Tatis = glasses

My mote = my remote

My poam = my phone

When Lacie says a word that ends with a "K" she really emphasizes the "K". i.e. sockkkkkk, jackkkkk, pookkkkkk, etc. It is cute cute!

Lacie is very territorial. Often when we say something like, "Lacie that is my drink." She will respond with, "My juke." (juice). So, when I told Lacie last week to give daddy privacy while he was in the RR, she responded with: "no, myyyy pricy." So, I told her that she could have "pricy," if she goes to play with her kitchen.

One day, when she was naming off her colors -- she named them correctly until she got to one color. It is no longer just "blue." She will point to red and say "red" yellow and say "yellow" orange and say "onage" (orange) and blue, she said - "go big blue!" Daddy was beside himself. I thought it was so so so funny. So, each time I pointed to blue and asked her what color it is, she said - "go big blue" with tons of enthusiasm.

While we are getting Lacie ready for bed now, she will also put her "baby" to bed in a small doll cradle, cover her up and say, "Tie go nigh nigh. Tie go nigh nigh," over and over again. Then she will lean over her and kiss the baby on her head. She is our joy!

We hope and pray that everyone has an awesome Easter and beautiful spring. We are enjoying the weather and blooms and such! Here is a picture of Lacie - I asked her to say "Cheese" for the camera - Lacie said as loud and smiley that she could, "CHIA!!!"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute. I guess it wouldn't be a good thing to tell her to say, "Go Go Big Red!" to her red crayon, huh?? Ha!! (sorry John!)

3/29/2007  
Blogger Ann said...

I found you I found you!!! She is sooooooooo cute I love how her smile just lights up her whole face.

4/15/2007  
Blogger Karen said...

WOW! She has changed so much! I followed you from the FF day! She is beautiful!

5/20/2007  
Blogger Sarah Halter said...

I just found your blog and look forward to catching up on the last two years of little Lacie and your family.

12/11/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home