Wednesday, September 07, 2005

September 6, 2005 Certificate of Citizenship

Today Lacie received in the mail, her first envelope and addressed to her personally. It was from the U.S. Dept of Homeland Security. Enclosed was her Certificate of Citizenship. It states that Lacie A. is now a Citizen of the United States of America and became a citizen on July 23, 2005. On it there is her picture from when we were in China and she looks so young and so small. Yes – only 1.5 months later she seems so much older and so much bigger. And her hair is longer too. Our angel is growing up. Lacie also received a letter from George W. Bush congratulating her and welcoming her to America. We will always save that for her too. I cried. I took it out of the envelope and read it to her and showed her. She kicked her feet and got excited. Of course she was just excited because I was, but it was a fun moment to share that with her. Now we can apply for her U.S. passport and her Social Security Card. That is exciting too. In a few months we will complete her adoption at the state level to make sure everything is clean and right.

We had her well baby physical today and got her first round of shots. We love her doctor. He spent a lot of time talking to us about many issues. Lacie was not impressed with him cause he always wants to look in her ears and that makes her mad. She hates her ears messed with. She cried and cried. He is such a gentle doctor too. She fell asleep on mommy and then the big bad nurse came in with four needles. She got her first round of shots. We had to wake her up for the shots and that was horrible. Lacie and mommy cried together. I never realized how much love hurt until I got this sweet angel in my heart and life.

Lacie is of course growing each day. Her height is now at 28.5. (you may remember that last time we had an appt she was at 29 inches and I decided to average the first height of 27 inches and the second height of 29 inches to make 28. So, according to the doctor’s office records she shrunk ½ an inch. But according to mommies averages, she gained ½ an inch. I think I am more accurate. She is now 18 lbs and 14 ounces only up from 18 lbs and 1 ounce from our last visit. They said we should feed her more protein to get her weight up. My goodness I think she is growing fast enough. So, her baby stats are as follows based on the U.S. Growth Charts: 50% height, 30% weight, 50% head circumference. Not bad, sweet angel, not bad. Lacie now has four full teeth, two on bottom and two on top. She also has two more coming in on the top. It is amazing how fast they come in. I can’t keep her baby book updated.

Daddy is hooked! I asked him when it really hit him and he said while in China. I think it really has become more recent. They have developed some sweet bond. She smiles at him when he passes by and oh she lights up more than ever when he comes home from work or walks into the room or just hears his voice from another room in the house. John will call when he is on his way home from work in the evenings and ask if she is awake. If I say yes, he begs me to keep her up a little longer so he can see her. One day last week while she was playing and we were getting ready for dinner, he said something that really surprised me. John looked at Lacie and said, “I do not know if I want any more kids. I think she is too perfect. Look at her. We could not ever do so well with another baby. She is so good-natured. I am afraid we would always compare any other child to her. She is so perfect. I love her and we do not need another child.” Don’t you know that mommy about fell out of her seat, because Daddy has talked about getting his boy for over a year now. The only condition of asking for a girl in China was that we do not ever give up the thought or idea of adopting again and getting a boy. He wanted to carry on his name. John now says that that is not so important. What is important is that Lacie grows up knowing how important she is and that she is a child of God and that she is very special. I love my husband! He is a great daddy and gets better each day. We are both on a learning curve. Mommy’s thoughts on all this – some days I think one is enough. Other days I think it would be nice to have another. Most days – I believe it would be nice, if we have the resources to get Lacie a sibling. I know how absolutely wonderful it has been for me to have a sister and a brother to share my life with and I know John values his sisters too. Besides, to quote my friend when she asked me: “Vonda, would you want to be my only family?” I wonder that about Lacie, is it appropriate to make her our only family? Poor girl, not having someone to share our elderly years with. I would not want to be my only family.

Here are some pics of our angel. Enjoy.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/12/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home